With Pentecost just around the corner, we welcome the Rev. Dr. Glenn Packiam, author of Worship and the World to Come, to explore why Pentecost is so important for the Church, and how we can cultivate an imagination for the Spirit’s missional work in our midst.
On the first half of the podcast, Glenn, Bishop Todd Hunter, and our host Erik Willits discuss:
- Some of their favorite Pentecost traditions
- What are the implications of Pentecost for the Church?
- The Holy Spirit and the mission of Jesus
- How the Spirit works through imperfect vessels
- The special way we encounter God’s presence in the gathered body of Christ
On the second half of the podcast, the conversation turns to:
- The importance of community in the pastor’s imagination
- Worship as a foretaste of the future
- Hope as the intersection of agency and pathway
- Forming a sacramental imagination in your church
- Daily Pentecost practices you can do at home